Isle of Portland Flag

The Isle of Portland flag! 
Portland has it's own flag as seen here.

The colours represent the landscape of the area: portland stone, grass and the sea. The white tower represents the castles and the naval coronet shows the long connection with the Royal Navy.


Considering the speed at which the grass is being covered by new homes, I think the blue part should be bigger than the green part, that's just me, one look at "officers field" tells you what I mean.

To be honest, the flag looks pretty boring and I don't think it sums up Portland as best as it could do.

The flag doesn't really resonate with me, sadly.

How about you?

Edit to add : The flag was designed by "Skylark" Durston, a well known mason of this island, sadly passed away now but I was fortunate to meet him during my apprenticeship.